Plan the Greenway Workshop (English)
Planificar el Greenway Taller (Español)
The Southeast Greenway is comprised of approximately 57 acres of undeveloped land owned by the California Department of Transportation (CalTrans) located in southeast Santa Rosa. The land follows a linear 1.9 mile long path extending from Farmers Lane to Spring Lake Regional Park.
On October 6, 2015, Santa Rosa City Council adopted Resolution No. 28696 to initiate a General Plan Amendment and Rezoning for the 57-acre site. [READ MORE]
The land within the project area originally consisted of 65 parcels that were acquired beginning in the late 1950s through the early 1970s by the California Department of Transportation for future development as an extension of Highway 12 (SR 12). In 1957, the California Highway Commission declared Highway 12 a freeway between Sebastopol and Santa Rosa, adopted a new alignment for the freeway to extend to the east parallel to Hoen Avenue, through undeveloped land that was developed as the Santa Rosa Creek Reservoir in 1964 as part of the Central Sonoma Watershed Project and then became Spring Lake Park in 1974, and reconnecting with existing Highway 12 at Melita Road. In the late 1950s, freeway agreements for the future use of the land were executed with the City of Santa Rosa. The Highway 12 extension was removed from the General Plan in 1991. [READ MORE]